Thursday, January 01, 2009

Great reads

Over my holidays I have had the chance to read some wonderful books. Here are my favourites:
  • The Sugar Queen – Sara Addison Allen
  • The Glassblower of Murano - Marina Fiorato
  • The Chatelet Apprentice - Jean Francois Parot
  • Bad Lands - Selina Rosen and Laura J Underwood

I am currently reading The Private Patient by P D James - I must admit I have a huge crush on Adam Dalgliesh, well actually Martin Shaw who plays him in the BBC adaptations.

I have also been buying (again) from Amazon,
Patti Culea's new book - Creative Cloth Explorations: Adventures in Fairy-Inspired Fiber Art
Mixed Mania: Recipes for Delicious Mixed Media Creations and
Mixed-Media Self-Portraits: Inspiration & Techniques.


"I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson

"It is with the reading of books the same as with looking at pictures; one must without doubt, without hesitations, with assurance, admire what is beautiful." Vincent van Gogh

HAPPY READING

1 comment:

  1. Linda,
    I bought Patti's new book too. It is Delicious!!!So many ideas....So many projects...Sigh!!!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete