Sunday, May 10, 2009

Maneki Neko, crocheting and birthday

Over the long weekend I finally stitched together the granny squares I made last winter. I think it will keep us nice and warm when it gets cold. I love bright colours and it was so nice to sit and crochet at night. Here is a close up of the blocks and on a bed - I hadn't realised just how big it was going to be. I have bought some beautiful crochet hooks on etsy so when I get them I will put them on my blog - they really are lovely and I can't wait to get them and start using them.

It was my birthday last month and I had a super day. I got to talk to my two children which was my best present of all. I had lunch and afternoon tea with friends and some lovely presents. Here are the fabulous things I got from my daughter even though I told her I didn't want anything.
I love and collect Maneki Nekos and here is a nodding one - she is solar powered so she pretty much nods the whole time - I love her. Isn't the Statue of Liberty fabulous - I love anything New York and this little lady has it all. The possum and cat mirror is so perfect as it reminds me of the possum who comes for a visit (we called him Peter until we saw her baby but we still call her Peter and I don't think she minds) and 'the cup' aceo which is just perfect.
Bookmarks are a great love of mine and I found some fabulous ones on etsy. Tigerpixie (Carrie) has a fabulous range of bookmarks and posters. When I ordered my fantasy cat bookmarks
I was lucky enough to win a poster from Carrie. I was so thrilled and when I received the poster I was so happy and I think when you see it you will see why. Is it absolutely fantastic. THANKS SO MUCH CARRIE. I LOVE IT.

3 comments:

  1. :D You are most welcome Linda!! I'm so glad that you are enjoying my little fantasy cats & maneki nekos
    >^..^<
    ~Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a fabulous birthday Mum! I love your maneki nekos poster and glad that I could add a bobbing maneki nekos to your collection (even though I'm sure it must be driving you crazy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    Love your Afghan Granny Squares. I have a collection of rugs I keep picking up at Collectorama, craft shows and country agricultural shows. They're so bright and folksy. How's your Magnolia going...?
    Ann.

    ReplyDelete