Friday, January 01, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I had a lovely day yesterday spending time with our daughter, Justine, baby clothes shopping. Oh what a joy it is to spend time looking (and buying) baby things. We just can't wait till March to see our already much loved grandson.
I did manage to stay awake till midnight last night so that I could send Happy Aussie New Year wishes to our son, Richard and his girlfriend Ann, in New York.
Being on holidays I have had a great time reading and watching the books and DVDs I got for Christmas. I love cooking books and here are two of them: Food Safari and The Thrifty Kitchen.
My favourite cooking book that I got is Monica Trapaga's 'She's Leaving Home'. I just loved this book, the drawings were wonderful and quirky and the recipes fabulous and I especially enjoyed reading about Monica's family.
I also got some DVD's and I have been enjoying myself watching the gorgeous Alex O'Loughlin in Moonlight and Angela Lansbury in Murder She Wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment